Already have a Username/Password for Problem as Inspiration: A journal of the York Entrepreneurship Development institute?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Included is a cover page with all authors and affiliations listed; an abstract (not to exceed 500 words) in Microsoft Word; and a bibliography of cited sources.
- Included are author biographies that do not exceed four lines per author; include any Acknowledgements in this document.
The author grants to York Digital Journals exclusive first publication rights for the submitted work, and further grants a non-exclusive licence for other uses of the work for the duration of its copyright in all languages, throughout the world, in all media. The Publisher shall include a notice in the work saying "© [Author's Name]. Readers of this article may copy it without the copyright owner's permission, if the author and publisher are acknowledged in the copy and copy is used for educational, not-for-profit purposes. As part of the licence agreement, authors may use their own material in other publications, provided that the journal is acknowledged as the original place of publication and York Digital Journals is acknowledged as the publisher. Upon receipt of accepted manuscripts at York Digital Journals, authors will be invited to complete an online copyright license to publish form.
Please note that by submitting an article for publication, you confirm that you are the corresponding/submitting author and that York Digital Journals (“YDJ”) may retain your email address for the purpose of communicating with you about the article. You agree to notify YDJ immediately if your details change. If your article is accepted for publication, YDJ will contact you using the email address you have used in the registration process. Please note that YDJ does not retain copies of rejected articles.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Problem as Inspiration collects personal information from our applicants and reviewers in the regular course of creating the journal. This page answers some of your most frequently asked questions, and lets you know exactly how we're protecting the information you entrust to us.
What personal information do you collect about me?
We collect the following information about you:
- Postal Code
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Payment card number
- Payment card expiry date
- Academic research areas
When you visit our web site, we also collect:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, the type of operating system and browser you use, and your computer's location
- What pages you visit on our site and what links you click on
How do you use this information?
The main reasons we collect personal information from you are:
- Application forms
- Relationship management
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not share your personal information with any third parties.
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
Phone: (416) 326-3333
Toll-free: 1 (800) 387-0073 (free within Ontario)
Web Site: http://www.ipc.on.ca/